The Freelance Permit in Dubai is a legal document that allows self-employed individuals to live and work in the free zones of the Emirate. The permit is issued by the Dubai Creative Clusters Authority (DCCA) and is available to individuals who work in the fields of education, technology, media, and design. Once you get a freelance permit in Dubai then you can apply for a freelance visa for up to 1 to 5 years. Freelance visa Dubai is a type of residence where you can live, and work as well as your family member also live with you. If you also want to get a freelance permit then you are right place. Please read the full article hoping it will be helpful for you.
What are Dubai Free zones?
Dubai Free Zones are designated areas within Dubai that are specifically designed to attract foreign investment, and freelancers and promote economic growth. These Free Zones are governed by their own set of regulations and laws that differ from those of the rest of Dubai. The Free Zones offer a range of benefits to freelancers, investors, and businesses, such as 100% ownership, tax exemptions, and streamlined company setup procedures. Moreover there are over 30 Dubai Free Zones, each designed for specific industries, freelancers and business activities, such as technology, media, healthcare, logistics, and finance. Freelance permit and license can be obtain from these free zones.
Some of the most popular Free Zones in Dubai include:
- Dubai Internet City
- Dubai Media City
- Dubai Healthcare City
- Dubai Airport Free Zone
- Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
- Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA)
Further Free Zones in Dubai have become a popular choice for entrepreneurs and businesses looking to expand their operations in the Middle East and beyond. They offer a conducive environment for innovation, creativity, and growth, with state-of-the-art infrastructure, world-class facilities, and easy access to markets in the region and beyond.
Eligibility Criteria for Freelance Permit Dubai
Those who desire to work as freelancers in Dubai can acquire a freelance permit and visa to pursue their professional aspirations. To be eligible, the primary applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree or a specialized diploma, and provide evidence of earning an income of no less than AED 360,000 (approximately PKR 2.67 Crore) over the past two years. However, the eligibility of the individual is subject to whether they fall within one of the qualified professions. To obtain a Dubai freelance permit, individuals must be in any of the industries or work fields including:
- Media activities
- Education activities
- Tech activities
- Design activities.
The media activities field consists of various professions, including animators, photographers, graphic designers, and writers.
In the education activities field, researchers, trainers, and education advisors can obtain the permit.
For tech activities, freelancers engaged in web, mobile, software development and architecture, IT and telecommunication networking, and data science and analytics, among others, can be eligible for the permit.
Lastly, the design activities field includes professions like apparel designers, interior designers, and wedding planners. This list of eligible professions is subject to changes, with new professions being added regularly, so it is advisable to stay updated with the latest developments.
Requirements for Freelance Permit Dubai
To apply for a Freelance Permit in Dubai, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Passport and visa copy
- Passport-sized photographs
- Professional qualification documents
- If applicable, experience letter
- Professional license
- Business plan
- Proof of financial stability
- Bank Statement
- Health insurance
- Clearance Certificate
It is important to note that additional documents may be required based on your specific circumstances and the requirements of the Dubai Creative Clusters Authority (DCCA). It is always a good idea to check with the DCCA or a professional service provider to ensure you have all the necessary documents before submitting your application.
How can I apply for Freelance permit Dubai
To apply for a freelance permit in Dubai, you can follow these steps:
- Check if your profession falls under the Dubai Creative Clusters Authority’s (DCCA) list of eligible professions for freelance permits.
- Obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your current sponsor if you are already living in the UAE.
- Obtain the necessary documents, such as a copy of your passport, a passport-sized photo, a business plan, proof of financial stability, health insurance, and a professional license.
- Register with a Dubai Free Zone that offers freelance permits, such as Dubai Media City, Dubai Studio City, Dubai Production City, or Dubai Knowledge Park.
- Submit your application and the required documents to the relevant authority.
- Wait for approval of your application. The processing time can vary depending on the Free Zone you are applying to.
- Once your application is approved, you will need to pay the necessary fees and obtain your freelance permit and visa.
It is important to note that the process may vary depending on the specific Free Zone you are applying to. It is advisable to research the requirements and procedures of the Free Zone before applying for a freelance permit or you can visit the official website: https://dda.gov.ae/en/registration-licensing/setting-up-a-business/freelancer
What is cost of Freelance permit Dubai?
The cost of a freelance permit in Dubai can vary depending on the exchange rate between the Pakistani rupee (PKR) and the UAE dirham (AED), as well as the specific fees charged by the Free Zone. However, as of March 18th, 2023, the exchange rate between PKR and AED is approximately 1 PKR to 0.024 AED. Based on this exchange rate, the cost of a freelance permit in Dubai can be estimated as follows:
- License fees: AED 7,500 to AED 15,000 per year, which is approximately PKR 312,500 to PKR 625,000.
- Visa fees: AED 650 to AED 5,000, which is approximately PKR 27,083 to PKR 208,333.
- Additional fees: The cost of additional fees such as health insurance, visa processing, and Emirates ID registration will vary depending on the specific services and providers.
Please note that the exchange rate may fluctuate, and the actual cost of a freelance permit in Dubai may differ from the estimated values provided above. It is advisable to consult with the relevant Free Zone and financial experts for more accurate and up-to-date information.
Top 5 Benefits of Freelance Permit Dubai
Dubai freelance permit offers several benefits to individuals who wish to work independently and offer their services to clients in Dubai. Some of the benefits include:
- Legal permission to work as a freelancer: Dubai freelance permit is a legal permit that allows individuals to work as freelancers in Dubai without the need for a local sponsor or company. This means that freelancers can work independently and offer their services directly to clients.
- Tax benefits: Freelancers with Dubai freelance permit are not subject to corporate tax or income tax, which means they can keep more of their earnings.
- Cost-effective: Dubai freelance permit is a cost-effective option for individuals who want to start their own business without the high cost of setting up a company. It is a straightforward and easy process to obtain the permit, and the fees are relatively low.
- Business networking: Dubai freelance permit allows freelancers to attend business events, conferences, and exhibitions. This provides them with the opportunity to network with potential clients and expand their business.
- Visa sponsorship: Freelancers with Dubai freelance permit can sponsor their family members for a visa, which allows them to live and work in Dubai.
Overall, Dubai freelance permit provides freelancers with the flexibility, legal permission, and cost-effectiveness to work independently and build a successful business in Dubai.
In conclusion, Dubai freelance permit is a great option for individuals who wish to work independently and offer their services directly to clients in Dubai. The permit offers several benefits such as legal permission to work as a freelancer, flexibility in terms of work arrangements, tax benefits, cost-effectiveness, and opportunities for business networking. Obtaining a Dubai freelance permit is a straightforward and relatively easy process, making it an attractive option for those looking to start their own business or work independently in Dubai. Overall, the Dubai freelance permit provides a viable and practical solution for individuals who seek greater flexibility and control over their work while taking advantage of the numerous benefits that Dubai offers as a global business hub.